Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Road To Hana






We take this drive every time we come to Maui. In my opinion, it's really the only way to experience Hawaii. Waterfalls at every turn, hiking trails, botanical gardens, black sand beach, red sand beach....it's incredible. You can't possibly see everything in one trip. Each time we come to Maui we take the Road to Hana. There are some amazing sites that we must see each time we come, yet we try to experience a few new discoveries on each trip.


We started our day of early this year. Hana is very lush and green so it's common to experience a few showers. It was a gorgeous day, and not a drop of rain.


Someday I'll figure out my camera and I'll get some better shots. Seems I'm always taking pictures at high noon, so many of them didn't turn out as well as I had hoped.


Black Sands Beach is just incredible....lava tubes and caves everywhere. I love the contrast of the colors. The aqua blue waters against the black sand is just beautiful. Add the lush greenery and it makes my heart stop. Truly the most beautiful site I have ever seen.


We also went on our favorite Maui hike, called Pipiwai Trail. It's about 4 miles round trip and it's such a beautiful hike. I love walking through the bamboo forest. The winds were really howling, and it was quite magical to walk amongst the bamboo as they clanked together....it was like being in the center of the worlds largest windchime. The trail ends at a huge waterfall. I really missed Jessica though. When we went as a family, I remember she said this was her favorite part of the trip. It just wasn't the same without her!


As always, we end our trip to Hana at the 'Ohe'o Gulch (also known as the 7 sacred pools) Mike always dives in to cool off. I always stand there and take pictures :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

how beautiful Jill!

1:25 PM, May 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on the Road to Hana. My favorite hike is also the Pipiwai Trail. The last waterfall is over 200 feet high, which I love. Great pictures too. I hope I see you out here again soon. It's about time for you to come back, yah? Mahalo!

1:10 PM, April 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home