Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Favorite Flowers

I absolutely love flowers! If I were an old retired lady (with a good back, and without the means to live the remainder of my life in Hawaii) I think I'd spend a majority of my time puttering around in my flower gardens. Nothing beats the feeling of the warmth from the sun while digging around in dark, rich soil. Somehow my dreams are shattered by the fact that I'm far from being retired, and live in the swamps of WA State amongst a field of clay. Oh yea...and I also have a really, really brown thumb! For now I'll just pop outside and take a few pictures of those flowers that somehow seem to thrive with no help from me whatsoever.

The kids (aka Mike) got me a magnolia tree for Mother's Day a few years ago. It's always the first thing to bloom, and marks the beginning of Spring. Although the month of March was a wet one, I was able to dodge the rain and get a few pictures. I love my magnolia tree!




My all time favorite flower is the tulip. Every year I talk about going to the tulip fields but never quite seem to make it. I love looking out on our back deck and seeing this spash of color.



I need more tulips in my life!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so pretty!!! you got some good shots =)

12:49 PM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Susan said...

I love the tulips too. We live in such a greap place for flowers.
Hugs to you and your friends

7:27 PM, May 03, 2006  
Blogger Ramona said...

Beautiful flowers Jill. I love them too. Need to buy them for myself more often. :) Ramona

8:55 AM, May 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers! I love flowers too and have a very brown thumb! I'm so thankful for those flowers that can do it without my help!!!

10:34 PM, June 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home