Sunday, May 13, 2007

23 Years




May 5th was our 23rd Wedding Anniversary. It doesn't seem possible....23 years. I can't imagine life without Mike. I can't imagine life without my kids. I'm a lucky girl. Thanks for taking me, Mike :)


We used to have some pretty boring anniversaries, so we decided to spice things up about 10 years ago. We now surprise each other with an anniversary date. I have the even years, and Mike has the odd years. We plan the "big" anniversaries together, but the "little" ones are our own resposibility. This was Mike's year to surprise me.


This was our day:



  • a walk along the beach

  • breakfast at the Gazebo (they serve AMAZING mac nut pancakes) - we watched a whale while waiting for our table...that was pretty cool!

  • explore around the tidepools

  • we came back to our room and I found the most beautiful hawaiian floral arrangement waiting for me! xoxox

  • spent the afternoon at Napili Beach

  • Went to show called 'Ulalena. It's an Hawaiian opera about life in Hawaii before and after western contact. It was pretty good.

  • Dinner at David Paul's (quite fancy)

It was a wonderful day. I'm looking forward to the next 23 years...


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a spectacular day! Those flowers look GREAT! Love those beach photos too!

12:13 PM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger Susan said...

your beach looks beautiful...cant wait to hear how you liked staying up there.
perfect anniversary IMO!!!

1:26 PM, May 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home