Friday, October 31, 2008

Welcome Home Libby!

Happy Halloween! I made this painted pumpkin for Libby's hospital room. (I hate the way our kitchen counters always look in pictures....that's speckles in the granite. It's not crumbs...I promise!)



It's an extra special Halloween this year. It's been 3.5 months since Libby's stroke but she was finally discharged from Good Samaritan Rehab Center today! She'll continue with outpatient therapy 2-3 times a week, but we're so very happy to finally see this day arrive. I made this "Welcome Home" sign for Libby the first time she had a day pass and came to our house for the day. I brought it with me to the hospital this morning so that Libby could have it at home. Mike immediately hung it around her neck before Brad wheeled her out of the hospital.





These are the thank you notes that Libby and I worked on. She wanted to thank all of her therapists and nurses for the excellent care she received while at Good Samaritan. It was a lot of work, but she stamped and assembled each card, writing a special note inside each one.




Thanks to all of your for your prayers and well wishes. This is one Halloween we will NEVER forget!

7 Comments:

Blogger Suzelle said...

Yea for Libby !!!!! Such GREAT news !!!!

7:06 AM, November 01, 2008  
Blogger Tracy said...

Joy, Oh Joy!!!

10:08 AM, November 02, 2008  
Blogger Sue Thomas said...

Cute pumpkin and the sign looks fabulous on Libby!! Libby sure rocked the cards!!!!!! I don't think there could be a more memorable Halloween ever!! Welcome home, Libby!!!!!

8:35 AM, November 03, 2008  
Blogger Melodee said...

I am so happy for Libby...I am sure the road is still not easy...but she has worked so hard...so proud of all of you!!

Libby...the cards are awesome! I can not stamp a card to save my life...way to go girl!! :)

6:29 AM, November 04, 2008  
Blogger Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

woohoo!!! WELCOME HOME LIBBY! That's awesome news! So happy to hear it!

also, i didn't have a stroke and couldn't make a card that good...hmmmm. Tell Libby I think she's an over-achiever and is making me look bad. Stop it!

Lindsay

11:59 AM, November 04, 2008  
Blogger JENNY @ jennybandco.blogspot.com said...

Yeah Libby!! We are so glad to hear you are home! Keep up the great work!!!

6:46 PM, November 05, 2008  
Blogger Samara Link said...

I think your counters are wonderful and your painted pumpkin is fabulous. You're so thoughtful!

8:19 PM, November 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home