Monday, May 14, 2007

Sunrise from Haleakala




We can finally check this little gem off our "To Do in Maui" list! We always planned on taking this trip, yet the thought of getting up at 3:00am has always put it on the back burner. Well, we did it this time. We should have been there a little earlier. It was much more brilliant before the actual sunrise. We also should have dressed warmer. Although I had my gloves, jeans, 4 shirts and 2 coats on, I was still f-f-f-f-freezing. I must admit that it was pretty cool watching the sunrise above the clouds.


We hiked around for a bit, but it was too cold to enjoy much of the scenery.


I think I like sunsets better....being warm and wide awake are much more appealing to me.


But we did it. Been There, Done That. Check.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue Thomas said...

How incredibly cool, Jill!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!

11:25 AM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger Susan said...

Congratulations on making it to sunrise!!! It's quite a feat to make it all the way up there in time.

1:23 PM, May 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home